Last updated on December 31, 2019. Tableau believes in the importance of thoughtfully handling personal information and is committed to privacy practices that are transparent and compliant. This Privacy Statement sets out how Tableau uses the personal information we collect and receive about you.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
Tableau collects personal information in support of its mission to help people see and understand their data. This personal information is collected through a variety of ways. You provide some information directly to us; we receive some information when you visit our website or use our products and services; and we receive some information from third parties. The categories of information we collect will depend on your interactions with Tableau: Contact information. Name, employer, title, email address, physical address, phone number, and similar contact info, user names and passwords. Payment and financial information. Credit card number, banking information and billing address. Demographic Information. Employment status, occupation, region. If you participate in a Tableau research focus group, then you will have the option to provide further information, such as gender, race, and age. Inferred and derived information. Data such as propensities and attributes that Tableau generates to help us understand you and your preferences. Transaction and registration information. Information which is generated in the course of your transaction with Tableau, including account information, logins, passwords, and purchase history. Product registration information, product interest information, transaction information, and in some cases, student verification information. We may also collect registration information related to your attendance at Tableau events, including travel information, scheduling information, food preferences or allergies, and accessibility requests. Usage and geographic data. Tableau collects information related to your use of our products, services and websites. We analyze that usage data so that we can improve our products and your experience with them. In certain instances, Tableau provides administrative tools so you can opt out of the collection of some usage data. Usage data includes online and technical information about your computer's or mobile device's operating system and browser type; your device type; details about how you are using our products (including natural language queries); your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and geographic areas derived from your IP address; networking connection data; Tableau cookie information; file information; metadata; time stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits; the web pages you visited before coming to Tableau websites (referring URL); and other usage data relating to your activities on our Sites, including the pages you request. We may link this information to the personal information we have collected about you and use it for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, and we may deliver targeted marketing and product information back to you based on your usage data. Third party data. We may receive your personal information from third party suppliers or partners. If you connect with Tableau accounts on third party social networking sites, we may receive information about your social networking accounts, for example, your name, user name or display name, public profile, and email address. We may combine information you provide with data we collect automatically and with data we receive from third parties. Images, video and recordings雷速体育怎么投注的. Pictures, videos or audio recordings may be collected by Tableau. For example, if you attend a Tableau event, your image may be captured in a photo or video. If you call Tableau customer support, your call may be recorded. If you decline to provide your personal information or ask us to delete it, we may be unable to continue to provide or support our products or services.
Ways We Use Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, as covered in any agreement that incorporates this Policy, or as disclosed to you in connection with our websites. For example, we will use your information to:
- Provide and deliver products or services, including software updates;
- Operate and improve our operations, systems, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide service and support, such as sending confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages and providing customer support and troubleshooting;
- Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by Tableau and our selected partners;
- Link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
- Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users;
- Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and
- Keep our products, facilities, and services secure.
Reasons for Using Your Information
雷速体育怎么投注的When we process your personal information we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- We need to use your personal information to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you and to provide you with tools and services.
- We have a legitimate reason to collect and use your personal information. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to use usage data including your personal information to improve our products and services; to tell you about changes to this Privacy Statement and other policies; to tell you about new products, services and events or changes to our products, services or websites; for business reasons (for example to develop and expand our business); and to tell you about offers or promotions we are running.
- You have given consent to use your personal information. You may withdraw consent by opting out where we give you the opportunity to do so, or by contacting us using the contact details below.
- If it is necessary for us to use your personal information in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- You have chosen to make the information public. You should not share any personal information which you wish to keep confidential or private.
Sharing of Personal Information
雷速体育怎么投注的Tableau works to keep your personal information confidential and secure. In some circumstances Tableau may share your information with third parties, for example:
- We may share your personal information when we have your permission, including when you choose to share information using Tableau Public or post to our Community websites;
- We provide personal information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Tableau to provide us with services. For example, we share contact information with our training and certification partners,our reseller and service partners, our data storage, customer support and marketing vendors, and with our software providers. These companies may use your personal information to perform services and to help 12v-fridges.communicate with you, including making offers from Tableau and our partners. Tableau maintains contracts with these companies restricting their access, use and disclosure of personal information in compliance with this Privacy Statement and any legal obligations;
- If you connect to your third party accounts through our products, we will use that information to authenticate you, enumerate the data sources available to you, download any data you request us to, and download and refresh authentication tokens or persist authentication information such as user names and passwords as necessary to continue to connect to these data;
- We may share your contact and transactional information with our current or future affiliates, which may include parent and subsidiary companies, joint ventures, or other companies under common control, in which case we will require our affiliates to honor this Privacy Statement;
- We will disclose your personal information to comply with legal requirements, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose your personal information in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, verify, prevent, enforce compliance with, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; suspected fraud; situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person; protection of the rights and property of Tableau, our agents, customers, or others; violations or suspected violations of our agreements and policies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements;
- We transfer or disclose your personal information for corporate reasons. For example, to third parties in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar transaction. We may also share personal information with our auditors, attorneys or other advisors in the connection with corporate functions; and
- Finally, we also share aggregated, anonymized or statistical information about you, including demographics data, with others for a variety of purposes, for example, for improving products and services for Tableau and others.
- We may facilitate third party services or ways to share data through third parties, including social media platforms, websites, applications, and services through plug-ins, widgets, buttons, and other third party features on and connected with our websites, communications or products. Third parties whose services you use in connection with Tableau, such as our training and certification partners, or third parties whose websites we link to, may have information practices that are different from ours. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the activities of third parties when they are collecting or using data for their own purpose or on behalf of others. We are not responsible for the activities of these third parties. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to understand how they use your information.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Information
We have reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to help safeguard your personal information. However, you should know that no company, including Tableau, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. To help protect yourself, use a strong password, do not use the same passwords to access your Tableau accounts that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your user names and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services. For more information about Tableau security practices, see http://12v-fridges.com/security. We offer you the ability to post information and exchange ideas through our websites and other services such as Tableau Public. Because your posts and information shared through Tableau Public are public and can be seen by others, we caution all users to consider what they post and not to disclose any personal information. Tableau will not be responsible in the event that you disclose personal information in your posts, through our public services or during any other communication with other website users. Information collected by Tableau or on our behalf may be stored on your computers, on your mobile devices, or on our servers, and may be transferred to, accessed from, or stored and processed in, the United States and other countries including but not limited to Ireland, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, Australia, Singapore, Japan, India, and China, and any other country where Tableau or its service providers maintain facilities or support centers (a list of Tableau offices can be found here: 12v-fridges.com/about/contact雷速体育怎么投注的, including jurisdictions that may not have data privacy laws that provide protections equivalent to those provided in your home country. However, we will protect all personal information we obtain in accordance with this Privacy Statement and take reasonable steps to ensure that it is treated lawfully. Tableau is now a Salesforce company, and as such, we have implemented appropriate safeguards so that Personal Data (as defined in the ) shared with Tableau by Salesforce is used solely for our collective business purposes. In certain circumstances we may retain your personal information after you have closed your account or are no longer actively engaged with Tableau. For example:
- We may retain your personal information after you have closed your account so that we can send you information about products, services and publications we think you may be interested in. You can "unsubscribe" from receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested;
- We may retain your personal information in order to protect our legal rights, or those of third parties, or to comply with the law;
- We may retain personal information about how you have used our products and services in order to improve and develop our business;
- If you purchase products or services from us, we may retain your personal information for as long as we need to in order to provide you with customer service, or for compliance purposes, for example, in order to comply with our record keeping requirements;
- Tableau may also use and share aggregated, non-personally identifiable data for research, external training and marketing purposes.
Controlling your Personal Information
- Confirm whether or not personal information about you is being processed;
- Provide you with details about how we process your personal information;
- Consider your valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing your personal information);
- Correct or delete personal information which we hold about you;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information;
- Consider your valid request to transfer your personal information to a third party provider of services (data portability); and
- Ask us to treat your consent as withdrawn if you have previously provided us with consent to process your personal information and we rely on it as our legal basis for processing.
- If you live in California, you have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- The right to notice about our collection and processing of your personal information;
- The right to request specific pieces of your personal information that we process;
- The right to opt out of having us sell your personal information;
- The right to receive equal services and prices regardless of whether you exercise any of your other rights.
- If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please submit your request . Alternatively, you may dial 1 (844)-287-7147. We will consider all such requests and provide our response as soon as we can. Please note, however, that personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include circumstances where we need to keep processing your personal information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We must confirm your identity before providing you with any personal information or deleting any personal information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Privacy Shield and Data Transfer
雷速体育怎么投注的 For the personal information of residents of the European Union and the United Kingdom, Tableau adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles (as outlined here: ) and is an active participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. Tableau also complies with the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from Switzerland to the United States. Our Privacy Shield certification covers the types of personal information set out in this Privacy Statement, and Tableau is subject to the investigative and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission. 12v-fridges.complies with the Privacy Shield principles for onward transfers, including the liability provisions. If we transfer your personal information to third parties outside the UK, the EU or Switzerland, we will only do so where at least one of the following applies:
- In the case of transfers of personal information to the US, if the recipient is a member of the Privacy Shield Framework;
- Where we have in place standard model contractual clauses approved by the European Commission or other legally compliant terms; or
- There is an adequacy decision by the European Commission which means that the recipient country is deemed to provide adequate protection for such personal information.
- You may direct any inquiries or complaints concerning our Privacy Shield compliance to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact JAMS, at . JAMS is a Privacy Shield dispute resolution mechanism. JAMS has committed to respond to complaints and to provide appropriate recourse at no cost to you. If neither Tableau nor JAMS resolves your complaint, you may have the possibility to engage in binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel. You may also make a complaint to the relevant EU data privacy supervisory authority or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
How to Contact Us
Tableau Software, LLC is a member of a group of companies located in North America, the European Economic Area, Asia, and Australia. Click on this link for a complete, up-to-date list of our group companies who may process your personal information: 12v-fridges.com/about/contact. If you have any questions about how we use your personal information, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us or at Tableau Software, LLC, Attn: Tableau Legal, 1621 N 34th St., Seattle, Washington 98103 or The Oval, Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland.
From time to time, we will update this Privacy Statement. In the event there are material changes to our information practices, we will note those changes on Tableau’s Privacy Statement webpage (12v-fridges.com/privacy雷速体育怎么投注的) and in some cases send a notification of changes via email.